The Profile of Graduate explains the role and function of the graduates after completing the education in their scientific field / expertise.
The graduate profile description explains the description of the graduate profile that can be used to compile the Graduate Learning Outcomes.
|No.||Profile of Graduate||Graduate Profile Description|
|1.||Academics / Lecturers||Communication scientist who is able to conduct teaching, research and publication, as well as community service related to Media, Culture and Society and Strategic Communication|
|2.||MEDIA ANALYSTS||Designers and implementers of media research with qualitative and quantitative approaches; who are able to provide input to the decision makers from organizations in need. Such as, media institutions, government agencies, NGOs, and other profit and non-profit organizations|
|3.||Strategic Communication Analysts||Designers and implementers of the Strategic Communication research with qualitative and quantitative approaches; who are able to provide decision to organizations, that are profit and or non-profit companies.|
|Designer and executive of professional work in the field of strategic communication (business / social / political marketing communications, advertising, public relations, strategic communication consultants) who uphold the code of ethics.|
Competence of graduates
In the profile of graduates, each graduate is expected to have various competencies as a form of learning outcomes in the Masters of Communication Science Major. The graduates are expected to have both competencies as researchers, educators, and professionals, namely:
- Being able to carry out analysis and synthesis of the relation among media, culture and society by looking at the roles, functions, impacts and changes that the media brings to the society in various fields. Such as, government, politics, business, health, environment, art, entertainment, creative industries , and other fields.
- Being able to carry out analysis and synthesis of strategic basic principles in understanding the internal and external stakeholders in facing the globalization, government regulations and policies, digitalization, changes in public expectations, environmental changes.
- Being able to interpret the conceptual theoretical knowledge about media in order to provide input / advice, policies, and practical applications to the related institutions that need it based on the principles of media ethics.
- Being able to interpret the strategic communication principles in order to provide input, advice, policies, and practical applications related to the strategic communication issues in related institutions with the basic principles of communication ethics.
- Being able to identify the stakeholders as the basis for designing the communication programs created by politics
- Being able to identify the stakeholders as a basis for designing to evaluating the communication programs for the achievement of the strategic goals in business, social and political institutions
- Mastering the basics of media, culture and society theory in various domains of community life, namely politics, economics, and social.
- Mastering the principles of strategic communication in business, social, cultural and political contexts
- Mastering the basic principles of communication research
- Mastering the principles of media research to explain and broaden the understanding of the relation between media and societal changes in various fields, namely politics, economy, and socio-culture.
- Mastering the basics and principles of Strategic Communication research to explain and broaden the understanding of the relation between strategic planners and the stakeholders towards the achievement of the strategic goals
- Mastering the basic principles of scientific philosophy which includes ontology, epistemology, axiology, and methodology.
- Having the knowledge and understanding of the development of science and technology (IPTEK) in the communication sphere.